Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Buy a new bed, or sell the house... yeah, that's how we roll!

Madison has been sick for the last two weeks so I've been home A LOT! Sure I have plenty of small projects that I could have tackled... I could have cleaned out the Tupperware cabinet (currently you have to open the cabinet door, throw the Tupperware in, then closes the door really fast before everything falls out), or I could have organized my closet... again. But oh no, I have completely dismantled THREE rooms in my house!

It really all started last time Jackson was with us and he decided he was ready to move into a queen-sized bed. I was cool with that-- Rob and I had previously talked about putting the guest bed in his room when he was ready. The problem is, somehow Rob and I went from moving one bed, to rearranging all the upstairs rooms, to putting our house on the market and buying a WHOLE NEW HOUSE!!

Given the real estate market the latter isn't really an option right now, and besides, we really LOVE the back porch we covered last spring. So I set out on the next best option....rearranging the bedrooms. I moved the guest bed into Jackson's room only to realize the bed is too "girly" for a room decorated in all Alabama sports paraphernalia. Plus he needs a bed with no footboard. His bedroom suit has been discontinued so finding a queen bed to match what he already has really isn't really an option.
Now I'm looking to sell the whole suite. Then I have the issue of the iron bed that was in the guest bedroom... I've got to sell that too because I've already decided to make the guest room a playroom for Madison and make what is currently the playroom more of an entertainment/game room for Jackson. Oh, did I mention that I also have a black tv cabinet that needs to go??

So that's where I am. I have so much stuffed pulled out into the hallway you need a map to get to the laundry room. I did buy two guitar hangers this morning on Amazon. I'm also researching the best way to hang LP albums on the wall. So many ideas... at least we're not moving!!

No comments: