Friday, April 18, 2008

Egg-actly what I had been wanting...

My wonderful husband bought me an egg poacher!! Now I know to many of you this sounds like a strange gift, and honestly, I have no idea what made him think of it when he did, but I LOVE poached eggs. They are my favorite! None of this boiling, scrambling, omelet crap, just give me a plain old poached egg on wheat toast.

I must say though, poaching isn't an easy task. It's not exactly an item your going to find on the menu at the Waffle House, but every once in a while when we venture out for breakfast, I'll find a chef who knows what he/she is doing. As for my kitchen, the poacher is a wonderful addition. I've been making them in a sauce pan, using salt and vinegar- the two man problems there being that I never get the water to vinegar ratio right, and the egg white never stays "round and pretty." But now, thanks to my 9 inch, stainless steel, Belgium poacher my eggs come out perfect every time!

Here's to hoping all of you find as much joy in your cooking utensils as I do!

No comments: